Applications for the international gardeners exchange program
Please send your application for the following year until 15th September.
Any gardener of a Botanical Gardens in Germany can apply, of course with the allowance of the superior. A prerequisite for the gardener exchange is that the respective garden is willing to make the applicant available for the time of the trip, as a kind of further education.
For applicants from outside of Germany a German partner institution needs to be involved.
The application can be formless and should consist of following points:
- Horticultural aim of the trip for instance a gardener of bromeliads wants to study the growing conditions of his plants in the natural situation to optimise the cultivation in the garden. Or a special collection of plants (plants of the Pyrenees) shell be raised and therefore seeds and plant material from the natural habitat and knowledge of the landscape is needed. In all Botanical Gardens special collections are held, which will benefit and will be looked after better through the gardener exchange.
- Information’s about the exchange: With which garden in which country are there any contacts yet? Can contacts of other gardens be used? Is it planed that the other garden is sending someone as well?
- Information’s about the travelling gardeners in the exchange project.
- Information about the time schedule. Is there a certain time best to go? Is it effective to go to that garden at that time of the year?
- Estimation of the travelling costs (usually the foundation is covering the costs of travelling, as well as insurances and in special cases call money is provided).
Every participant has to prepare a report of his stay abroad latest 3 month after his return handed in to the foundation. These reports are important for us to be well informed about the trips and to inform others as well.
Please get in contact before your application in case the budget of the actual year is exhausted we can then maybe help you to find other donations.
Please turn to:
Stiftung Internationaler Gärtneraustausch
c/o Loki Schmidt Stiftung
D - 20099 Hamburg
or just send an e -mail: email@example.com